Authors aren’t supposed to be too enthusiastic about used bookstores, since no royalties accrue on the sale of used volumes, but I am delighted to offer a preview of the opening on April 6 of a new used bookstore in Gaithersburg, sponsored by the Friends of the Library of Montgomery County. The relevant parameters are:
- In Quince Orchard Plaza, at the intersection of Quince Orchard and Klopper Road, a couple of blocks west of I-270. For map, click here.
- The store itself is next to Magruders market.
- It’s a great place to find hidden treasures, old friends, kids’ books, and new adventures in reading.
- It’s also a great place ditch all the books you’ve been acquiring over the last few months (thereby generating royalties for penurious authors) — Muchas gracias!
- All profits go to support enrichment programs at Montgomery County’s libraries. I’ve been on the “Friends” Board for a number of years, and we’ve been able to support great activities for kids and disadvantaged citizens through the libraries.
- And it’s ecologically sound.
Put it on your itinerary for the next few weeks, or stop by the Friends’ other stores at the Wheaton Library, or on Boiling Brook Parkway in Rockville (next to the Kosher Mart).